Teacher of the Year Kick-Off Dinner
- Teacher of the Year Kick-off Dinner was held on Monday, March 4, 2019 in the Schoening Conference Center in the 3C . All Yuma County nominees for Teacher of the Year were ecognized at this annual event as was each campus's First Year Teacher honoree.
- Teacher of the Year Banquet will be held at the Yuma Civic and Convention Center, 1440 West Desert Hills Drive (off Avenue A south of 32nd Street). Tickets for this event must be purchased prior to the Banquet. Ticket price is $25.00 per person and WILL NOT be sold at the door. Contact the Yuma County Superintendent of Schools office at 210 South First Avenue in Yuma, (928) 373-1006 to purchase tickets. The no-host reception will begin at 5 p.m. in the lobby of the Civic Center with the Banquet starting promptly at 6 p.m.
- Our guest speaker will be the Arizona Education Foundation Teacher of the Year, Kareem Neal.
- Inducted into this year's Hall of Fame will be the following honorees:
- Frances Woodard Award -- Bruce Gwynn
- Outstanding Organization -- 1st Bank Yuma
- Founders' Award -- Dr. Greg Peare
- Estelle Dingus Award -- George Apostol, Jr.
The 2019 Yuma County Teacher of the Year will be named at this annual celebration of education and educators. We hope to see you there.