Congratulations to the following Yuma County educators for being awarded a mini-grant as a result of their proposal submissions. We had 23 proposals submitted this year, and the Education Foundation approved granting funding to 11 of the 23 for a total of $4776.93 in funding.
Congratulations to the following educators and to their schools:
Frances Flynn Salida del Sol Elementary $405.40
- Terri Miguel South West Jr. High $500.00
- Jonathan Bailey Gary Knox Elementary $405.00
- Candice Brown Gila Vista Jr. High $498.96
- Araceli Valtierra Desert Sonora Elementary $500.00
- Cynthia Cabanillas Gowan Science Academy $459.00
- Deann Best Mesquite Elementary $472.20
- Jan Philpot Ron Watson Middle School $500.00
- Amanda Coltman Cibola High School Library $375.00
- Cathleen Klakulak Kofa High School Science $335.90
- Tim Gilliland Desert Mesa Elementary $325.47
The Educational Foundation of Yuma County offers mini-grants to Yuma County educators each year to assist with special projects or programs in their classroom. The mini-grants are competitive grants with a maximum funding of $500.00. Watch this website for the announcment for the 2018-19 school year competition.
Before you apply, check with your business office regarding your district policy on using grant funds should your application be funded.
- Projects and programs must support the school and grade level State Standards.
- The mini-grant will not fund field trips.
- Selected projects must expend funds during the current school year.
ALL MATERIALS PURCHASED WITH FUNDING FROM A MINI-GRANT BECOME THE PROPERTY OF THE SCHOOL AND ARE TO BE LEFT AT THE RECIPIENT’S SCHOOL UPON LEAVING THAT SCHOOL.
Questions about the mini-grants can be directed to Nancy Blitz, (928) 344-7677.