Hall of Fame Recipients
The Education Foundation of Yuma County annually inducts individuals connected to education into its Yuma County Education Hall of Fame. There are several categories within the Hall of Fame including: Professional Educator Award, Frances Woodard Award, Estelle Dingus Award, Outstanding Organization Contributing to Yuma County, the Special Achievement Award, and the Founders' Award. Since the April 2020 TOY Banquet was canceled due to COVID, the recipients for 2020 will be presented and honored at the 2021 Banquet on April 20, 2021 which will be broadcast live on the Ed Foundation's Facebook Live website and on it You Tube channel. We hope to 'see' you there as the following individuals are inducted into the Ed Foundation's Hall of Fame:
- Professional Educator Award: Rusty Tynall
- Frances Woodard Award: Annette Lagunas
- Estelle Dingus Award: Robert Schmitt
- Outstanding Organization Contributing to Yuma County: Pilkington Construction
- Special Achievement Award: Rosy Figueroa
- Founders' Award: Mary Garcia
Please watch here in late 2021 when we will be actively asking the community to submit nominations for each of these awards for the Banquet in 2022.
The criteria for each award are:
- Professional Educator Award: For this award, eligibility begins three years after completion of service as a professional educator in Yuma County. The award is meant to honor the historical significance of the individual’s contribution in teaching. Consideration is given to the lasting impact or contribution of the individual.
- Frances Woodard Award: This award is meant to honor an individual educated in the Yuma County school system, who has made a significant impact on the citizens of Yuma County.
- Estelle Dingess Award: This award is meant to honor an individual educated in the Yuma County school system, who has made a significant impact outside of Yuma County. The nominee must be present to receive the award on April 21, 2020.
- Outstanding Organization Contributing to Yuma County: This award is meant for an organization that has made quality contributions to the educational environment in Yuma County. Documentation of service is necessary. Areas of consideration include the years over which the service was given and the quality of educational contribution made to Yuma County.
- Special Achievement Award: This award is meant for a non-certified employee of Yuma County schools who clearly stands out among colleagues and has a long-term commitment to education. Areas of consideration include a strong, positive work ethic; an influential personality making a difference in a school system.
- Founders' Award: This award is the newest award established by the Education Foundation It is meant to honor a non-educator who was NOT educated in the Yuma County school system but who has made a significant impact on education in Yuma County.
To nominate a deserving individual, write a letter of nomination that fully explains why this person is deserving of the honor and submit your nomination electronically at http://tinyurl.com/yumaedhalloffame.
It is not too early to submit a nomination for the 2021-22. All nominations will be held until for review for the April 2022 Banquet.