Hall of Fame
Introducing our 2023 Hall of Fame Inductees:
- Professional Educator Award: Walter Johnson and Maureen Irr
- Frances Woodard Award: Lynne Pancrazi
- Estelle Dingus Award: Juli Jessen, Gowan Company LLC
- Outstanding Organization Contributing to Yuma County: Russell L. and Janet F. Jones Family Trust
- Founders' Award: Elizabeth Moody
- Special Achievement Award:
The Education Foundation of Yuma County annually inducts individuals connected to education into its Yuma County Education Hall of Fame. The categories within the Hall of Fame and criteria for nomination are listed below.
Nominations for the 2024 Hall of Fame are now open. We encourage the Yuma community to submit nominations. Deadline for nominations is 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, December 17th.
Submit a Nomination
To view photos from the Banquet to see this year's Hall of Fame honorees, click here.
The criteria for each award are:
- Professional Educator Award: For this award, eligibility begins three years after completion of service as a professional educator in Yuma County. The award is meant to honor the historical significance of the individual’s contribution in teaching. Consideration is given to the lasting impact or contribution of the individual.
- Frances Woodard Award: This award is meant to honor an individual educated in the Yuma County school system, who has made a significant impact on the citizens of Yuma County.
- Estelle Dingess Award: This award is meant to honor an individual educated in the Yuma County school system, who has made a significant impact outside of Yuma County. The nominee must be present to receive the award at the Teacher of the Year Banquet.
- Outstanding Organization Contributing to Yuma County: This award is meant for an organization that has made quality contributions to the educational environment in Yuma County. Documentation of service is necessary. Areas of consideration include the years over which the service was given and the quality of educational contribution made to Yuma County.
- Special Achievement Award: This award is meant for a non-certified employee of Yuma County schools who clearly stands out among colleagues and has a long-term commitment to education. Areas of consideration include a strong, positive work ethic; an influential personality making a difference in a school system.
- Founders' Award: This award is the newest award established by the Education Foundation It is meant to honor a non-educator who was NOT educated in the Yuma County school system but who has made a significant impact on education in Yuma County.